Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How to make Felted Acorn Ornaments


Another DIY Gift idea for you: Felted Acorn

Wool Roving

 
Felted Acorn Ornament


 
This is a nice project to work on this fall. It is really easy and it doesn't take a lot of time. Even kids will have fun doing it.

I remember the first time I saw felted acorns on Etsy I thought they were so cute, so I decide to learn how to make them. Here a video that explains really well how you make felted acorns:

 






 Kim Buchheit is the talented artisian on this video. She gave me a lot of tips about where I could find the right supplies to start this project. Here you can see some of her felted handwork http://www.wildlywoolly.com/

Don't worry if you don't have a special needle for this, because I didn't have one and I still did the felted acorns. 

You just need to wet the felt by tying a knot in a piece of roving, then wrapping the ends around the knot, and gently begin rolling in your hands with soap and warm water. Thank you Kim for this tip. Really easy!

I hope you have fun doing them.








No comments:

Post a Comment